TEAM-CBT Educational Webinars
TEAM-CBT model is the framework that incorporates the four phases in therapy:
- Empathy - skillful application of the Five Secrets of effective communication,
- Agenda Setting/Addressing Resistance/Boosting Motivation,
- Methods - over 100+ techniques to help patients overcome their problems.
The application of the model requires the gradual implementation of the steps throughout the therapy process. For new and seasoned therapists alike, there are moments in therapy when we might get stuck and could use some objective reflection. In the first 5 years of being in private practice I have acquired over 250 hours of clinical supervision, but I did not stop there. I have continued to pull on the wisdom and guidance of my peers and colleagues on the regular basis. That is the very strength that pulls me through on days when I feel challenged and alone. When I joined TEAM-CBT community, I quickly got involved in the case consultation group that I have been a part of for two years on a weekly basis. The experience gave me tremendous confidence, skillset and structure to follow with my clients and consultees. In addition, for becoming a certified trainer I worked with multiple consultees under the supervision of two seasoned, reputable and highly knowledgeable TEAM-CBT Level 5 practitioners.
Consultation vs Supervision
Purpose of the Consultations
- Going through the TEAM-CBT model right in the consultation.
- Self-reflection, self-evaluation and ability to regain objectivity on the case.
- Identifying the stuck moments.
- Sorting through own feelings.
- Receiving guidance.
- Bringing to life the skills/tools needed to get unstuck.
- Engaging in deliberate practice.
- Regaining confidence.
Case Consultation Format
The consultation format is based on the TEAM model and the consultation process will flow through all the four phases.
1. Testing: a consultee will fill out a TAS form (Therapist Advisory Survey) before the session, and a TTRS form (TEAM Training Rating Scale) after the session.
2. Empathy: a stage of building understanding and alliance between a consultant and a consultee.
3. Agenda Setting: a consultee will have an opportunity to move toward exploring ways to get unstuck, identify the change they are looking and set goals for the focus of the consultation.
4. Methods: a stage of identifying the tools necessary to get unstuck, deliberate practice and bringing the desired skills to life.
Ideal case consultation session format is 90 minutes. 120 minute session format allows room for deliberate practice and gaining confidence with skills needed to get unstuck.
90 minute case consultation session
90 minute session allows to go through the TEAM-CBT model in real time and experience the flow, structure and the taste for this approach. It also allows room to brainstorm and bring to life the tools that the consultee needs to get unstuck.
120 minute case consultation session
120 minute session allows to go through the TEAM-CBT model in real time and experience the flow, structure and the taste for this approach. It also allows room to brainstorm and bring to life the tools that the consultee needs to get unstuck. In addition, it lives room for deliberate practice and sharpening the skills needed to get unstuck
3 months group consultation
60 minute group consultation session runs by -weekly for 3 months. It allows to get a taste of running through the TEAM-CBT model in real time, experience the flow, get unstuck and learn with and from other therapists alike. The price includes all 6 sessions. Minimum 3 members required.
Without continuous growth and progress,
such words as improvement, achievement and success have no meaning.
READY TO GROW NOW?